Thursday, October 11, 2007

Songs in the Key of Life

About a month ago, I played at a festival at the Mt. Hood Village Resort in Welches, Oregon.
I did a set both days. These pictures are from the second day in the indoor acoustic room. (thank you Mark!)
I didn't realize how emotional I look when I sing....come to think of it, it was a gig that spanned a range of different emotions. People laughed, people cried, people reflected. There were times where I lost myself in the music and just forgot about everything.
The most beautiful sound I hear whenever playing to a crowd, is the sound of silence. It's in that moment you know you're connecting with people and that
they're listening. Silence always gives me the impression that something is resonating. As an artist, that is truly one of the most rewarding things.
Some songs I played for the first time....including my happy song "On a Good Day" and the very first political song I've ever written, "This Isn't My War". I wasn't
too sure how well received either would be,
but it turned out just fine. (phew!)
"Leaving a Memory" turned out to be the tearjerker of
the day.

Overall, it was a great gig and I had the best
crowd of listeners.




T'was a good time.

I had to put in a picture of me smiling because
there were plenty of moments where laughter
occurred.
It isn't always so serious. Seriously.
:)