Friday, October 26, 2007

Baden

Last night, I got to see my first castle! We went to Baden, Switzerland...which is about 45 minutes away from Liestal. After hiking up for about 20 minutes, this is what I saw:




From what I could tell, the name of this castle is 'Stein' which means stone.













I'm sure this would be great to view during the day, but it was pretty spectacular to view in the evening.













There was hardly anyone around. It felt a bit haunting.






A picture of me in the doorway. The blur adds to it....at least that's what I tell myself.












A view of the castle wall and stairs without me in the way.










Once you start descending the castle stairs, it leads into a little village area with narrow alleys and cobblestone walkways. It was so cool! These pictures hardly do it justice. Wish you could see it for yourself.


Afterwards, I ate at a very modern bar/restaurant called 'Paparazzi'. I found the name to be quite amusing. Inside, they have a wall full of pictures of different celebrities that were obviously taken by the paparazzi. I saw Clooney!
The food was great. I haven't had chicken since I've been here, so I had some. I also tried this special chocolatey drink that had a hint of orange and cinammon to it. It had the same consistency as pudding, but it wasn't quite as thick. IT WAS SO GOOD!