Monday, October 8, 2007

I Get By, Part Deux

I get by with a little help from my friends.

The last couple months have been pretty crazy. Life's been going full speed ahead and I've been hanging on to its coattails trying to make sure I don't get left behind. The older you get and the more chaotic things seem to be, life happens and time flies. Before you know it, it's been months since you've seen people.

Having great friends always seems to make life a little lighter and easier.....it does for me, at least. I get a little more breathing room. It's helped me slow down. I love those kind of friendships where time never seems to be an affecting factor or bear any sort of significant impact. The kind of friendships where you can just pick up where you left off...even if it was months ago. Relationships that are timeless are ones that are hard to come by. The beautiful thing that I've discovered this year though, is that I seem to have several of those. And I love it. I'm so thankful for it. Usually, after I hang out with those kind of friends...I leave there thinking, "Why in the world has it been months since I last spent time with them? Why did I let so much of life get in the way?" Unfortunately, that's the way it happens sometimes and it's no one's fault, really. That's how life goes somewhere along the way.

But I am incredibly spoiled by the company I keep.
My birthday's come a little early this year. Since I won't be on this continent to celebrate it, my friends have gone out of their way to make it happen now. It's worked out quite nicely, actually. People have been giving me things that I need for my trip and for when I come back too...some of it's even been independant of my birthday.

I get by with a little help from my friends. :)

You all know who you are.

Thanks!