Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Not So Soup-er


I’ve had a love/hate relationship with soup the last couple years.

I used to think, “Why would anyone eat out at a restaurant and order soup?” That never made sense to me. You can always have soup at home. Then I had a couple different soups at the Portland City Grill and was changed forever. Their Chicken Tortilla soup, Cream of Mushroom soup and Ginger Sesame Beef soup is great and tasty.
So why am I posting about soup?
Ever since I decided to go to Europe, I’ve had to do some serious penny pinching. So for the last couple weeks, I’ve been bringing Campbell’s soup to work for my lunch. There’s been a variety of them.
However, that has done nothing except to awaken my deep seeded hatred of soup which I thought was lost forever. I’m sick of soup! Day in and day out…it’s driving me nuts!

You know how Campbell’s commercials are always “Mm-hmm good” ?

It’s more like, “Mm-hmm blech!”

Alas, that is the sacrifice I make to save some $$.
The great thing about ending a job is that everyone wants to treat you to a goodbye lunch….providing that you’re liked by your co-workers… Either my co-workers like me or they just feel really sorry for my job situation. Starting tomorrow and into next week, I will be treated to several free lunches. This puts a smile on my face because I get to be soup free again and more importantly, I can return to my natural carnivore state and indulge myself in gargantuan amounts of meat while someone else is footing the bill.

More and more, I realize that my happy place seems to be located within close proximity of a dead cow, pig, lamb and chicken.
Mm-hmm good.

Take that, Campbell’s.