Monday, October 29, 2007

Neuschwanstein Castle


Before the cold and the fog crept in, it was a gorgeous clear fall day. I took this pic as we hiked our way up to the top. Disneyland's model of this is such a rip off! The real thing is quite something to behold.



As you reach the castle, the view from there is beautiful.
















This is the very front of the castle.






As you enter, this is what you see.


I wish I would've had a little bit more time to spend taking some pictures of the outside, but our tour was just starting and we had to hurry. You can't view the inside of the castle unless you're with your assigned tour group.











After you enter and you turn around, this is what you see.






Here's the castle wall. Once again, I really wish I could've spent more time taking pics!


Yet again, we weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but were told we could take pictures from the windows. Here's a shot from the window. Inside, the details and the intricacies were astounding. In the king's bedroom, he had a four post wooden bed and a wooden chair that was so detailed, it took 4 carvers 2 years just to complete it!









Another shot from the window.









A statue just outside one of the windows.












The view just to the left of the statue. Can you imagine waking up to this every morning? Craziness!






The tour ended and it was so short! We didn't even get to see 1/3 of it. In silent protest, I snapped a quick pick of this ballroom area inside. It's blurry because I didn't use the flash or have much time. Yes, I'm a rebel. But when I looked around, I noticed a couple other fellow rebels as well. I concealed my camera and moved quickly. A couple minutes later, I heard a tour guide shouting at people to put away their cameras and how disrespectful it was for them to have them out. heh. I escaped that. I'm quick like a ninja.






A sunset view.









This is all, for now.
I will post more later.