Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bridge of Illegals

Continuing with my adventure at Neuschwanstein castle...

While we were taking a tour of the castle, we came to a window with the following view:




The question was, "How do we get over there?"


And we wondered, "Can we get there before we lose our light?" The sun had just set.


When the tour ended so abruptly, we decided we were going to find a way to get to that bridge. After reaching the outside, we noticed that access to the bridge had been fenced off with a huge DO NOT ENTER sign on the front of it. People were standing around and we debated what we should do. Eventually, we all came to the same conclusion: You only live once. So we decided we were going to scaled the fence. At first, nobody moved.


Finally I was like, "Well somebody's got to do it."


And so I scaled the fence....kind of. I had trouble getting up and nearly fell down, which resulted in some immediate assistance. I may be a rebel, but I'm a clumsy one!


After all of us were over the fence, we immediately started running like a bunch of juveniles, laughing and looking back at our amazing triumph. What an adrenaline rush. I scoff at danger! (and by danger, I mean DO NOT ENTER signs.) And just like juveniles, we did not stop to think about capturing our amazing feat by way of the camera.


After we rounded the bend and were concealed from everyone's view, we came to the back part of the castle. I took this pic:












Feeling pretty good about ourselves, we continued our hike to the bridge and then soon noticed that there were other illegals just like us that joined the rebel force. Apparently, there's another way to get to the bridge that we were unaware of. heh. :)









The light began to fade and the fog began its slow creep. We were unsure if we'd make it there in time to get some good pictures. As we neared the bridge, we came across piles of snow....which then resulted in an impromptu snowball fight...meaning, I just ran with another rebel as my evil comrades gathered snow. Her and I escaped being pelted by snowballs and as we reached the bridge, we thought we were home free since there were a bunch of other fellow rebels around us. Mistakenly, I looked back as I was running and then proceeded to lose my balance, slip and went down hard.




Of course this would happen to me. It was painfully funny. Laughter ensued and then the pain took over. I had skinned and cut my hands and bruised my ars. But no pain, no gain, right?


We had made it to the bridge, though! Mission accomplished! And the view was awesome! It was so worth it. Here are a couple pics:











The view.










Me with a fellow rebel and my partner in crime.




















King of the world.










The Rebels and their Evil Comrades



You should of seen what the photographer was doing to make us laugh.












"Schön." as the Germans and Swiss say....


which means beautiful.