Thursday, November 8, 2007

Travelin'


This was the view from my room in the chalet. I took this picture first thing Tuesday morning just as I had woken up.



I left Huemoz in the afternoon and took a bus to the train station. I was told that the bus might not even come.





I had my bus money all ready to go.


Random fact of the day: it is safe to hitchhike in Switzerland and is even encouraged.
Since I wasn't too sure whether or not the bus was going to come, I decided to give it another 5 minutes and then I was going to try and hitchhike. Of course, after I made that decision, the bus did show up...




I don't think I've ever enjoyed a bus ride as much as I did this time around. The view was so awesome as you came down the mountains and into the valley.
This is such a crappy picture, I know. I took it through the bus window as we were moving. But at least it gives you an idea of the splendor.



I took the bus into a town called Aigle and then hopped a train. I had to change trains 2 times before I made it back to Liestal. Surprisingly enough, it was actually pretty easy! I didn't have any trouble except when I got kicked out of the first class section. I sat there without knowing it (seriously) and then had the ticket agent coldly point me out of the room. I think he was a little miffed too because he kept talking to me in french and I had no idea what he was saying....

After I found my next seat, I met these 2 old ladies who are best friends. They were very kind and spoke with me for a while.


While on the train, we passed Lake Geneva. There was such an incredible sunset. It reminded me of a sunset I once saw in Neskowin, Oregon.
Once again, I could only take a picture through the train window and of course this picture barely does it justice. It was so gorgeous, though. I had to capture it somehow.







And now you're all caught up. (Whew!)