Thursday, November 8, 2007

Into the Alps



Went for a drive for a couple hours in the country on Sunday.
















Entered vineyard territory.



















Driving in the country during the fall will leave you breathless. All the vibrant colors draw you in. Seriously, pictures just don't say enough.







In the village of Villars, there was a little league hockey game happening. Of course, I had to check it out. Don't worry...I wasn't yelling "Fight! Fight!" to tomorrow's youth.









You are now entering the Alps. WARNING: I'm about to inundate you with a bunch of Alps picture.s These don't even come close to capturing the grandeur of it all.

You can't help but feel so small. The mountains just envelop you.











There was the constant clanging of cow bells. It was such a gorgeous day out that I literally took a snooze on the hillside in the sunshine.









































A meager film clip:

Sorry for the shakiness.



I met up with some people and ended up staying in a chalet in the village of Huemoz. Bryan went back to Liestal because of work.
Waking up to the view of the Swiss Alps is quite something to behold. On Monday night, I was having some hot chocolate and kept chuckling to myself, "I'm having hot chocolate in the Swiss Alps right now." I know, it really not funny...but I kept giggling about it because it was a little surreal.