Thursday, November 8, 2007

Lovely Luzern


Welcome to Luzern! Another fantastic city.






I went to Luzern this last Saturday. It's about an hour away from Liestal.

Once again, great architecture.










It was completely overcast that day. On a clear day, you can see that you're surrounded by the Alps. I was sorry to miss the sight, but I got a chance to see what it would look like by browsing the postcards.






We met up with this old man who was trying to feed some birds but was also scaring some other birds with hissing sounds and the clap of his hands. Come to find out, he was trying to feed only the local birds and was increasing irritated with the "foreigners" who kept trying to steal the food. He pointed out to us which was which:










These are the locals.










These are the foreigners. heh. Even overseas, seagulls are still a pain in the ars.












Wahoo! Look at me, Mom! I'm in Luzern!












I loved how aged and historical this city felt. This wooden bridge was awesome! As you're walking through, there's old paintings built into the architecture.








The tower.













A view from the bridge. Yes, I was trigger happy with the camera. Couldn't help myself.















We had quite a bit of trouble finding parking. At least 3 parking structures we found were completely full. At first, it didn't seem totally overcrowded...













...then we came to seas and seas of people! Come to find out, a blues and jazz festival had just started the day before.















This has absolutely nothing to do with the blues festival, but you know me and my love affair with street musicians. This group is called Pandolero. Here, they're playing "Mustang Sally" with their pans, triangles and drums. I've never seen anything like it, so I had to get a short video of it. I also caught a little girl dancing herself dizzy to the music.





Next stop: a boat ride on Lake Luzern....