Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Showtime





Well, the house party was pretty dang cool. Don't worry, Danno, I wasn't burned at the stake...you just got a little impatient is all.




The concert was basked in candlelight. I was lovin' it. It totally set the tone. I alternated sets with another musician named Flavi. We also did a cover tune together called "Stranded" by the artist, Plumb. It's been a while since I've sung with someone. Here's a pic:



These pictures, once again, don't do it justice.

But the concert went really well. There was a lot of great feedback. One woman told me that I made her cry 3 times. I think that's a record for me. :) heh.

All in all, there were about 30-35 people there. The audience was fantastic. There was no talking, only listening. One thing I loved about this particular concert is that there was such a great range in age of the people that attended. My song "This Isn't My War" seemed to really resonate with the older people and it was interesting to hear them speak of it. There was a call for an encore so I ended up performing "Empty Place Beside Me" and it was awesome.


Flavi did an incredible job and he's a really great musician and songwriter. This clip is so short, but it gives you an idea of the mood of the night:



Unfortunately, no videos were taken of when I performed...sorry. The new song "Common Ground" went really well, though.


And to top it all of it was a "gaga" (pronounced ga-zsha)...also known as a paid gig. Wahoo! My first international paid gig.

Good times.