Thursday, July 31, 2008

Long Way Round


One of my favorite TV documentaries is called "Long Way Round" which stars actors and best friends Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. They decided that they were going to ride their motorcycles around the world beginning in London, England...traveling east through Europe and Asia...flying in to Alaska and the final destination being New York City. A film crew accompanied them and there's a lot of great footage of their travels. It was a pretty incredible roadtrip complete with all the unexpected things that always seem to happen. I highly recommend watching it.
When you watch something like this, it makes you want to travel and see the world too.
Well, I guess you could say that I'm getting my own little/short version of the "Long Way Round." This afternoon, I'm leaving on a motorcycle tour of Switzerland and I am stoked! Someone was kind enough to lend us a Harley Davidson with all the trimmings...i.e. matching leather outfits, gloves, helmuts, boots and back packs. Yes, I will be sure to post the poser pictures.
I've ridden a motorcycle before, but not a Harley. There will be 3 of us, a couple motorcycles and the open road. Wahoo. Adventure awaits...