Friday, October 24, 2008

Spanish Steps

We took the underground subway to go and see the infamous Spanish Steps...or, as the Italians would say, "Scalinata della Trinità dei Monti". These steps are the longest and widest in all of Europe. Unfortunately, you can't truly appreciate them when there's SO MANY FREAKIN' PEOPLE in the way!




I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but the steps were pretty anti-climatic for me. I just kind of stared at them and then the moment was over. Since we had been walking everywhere the entire day, none of us were really motivated to climb the stairs all the way up.

















We spent about 10 minutes there and then moved on to see what else was around. For all of you fashionistas or shopaholics, you would've truly enjoyed going down one particular street that was lined with all the popular designer stores: Gucci, Valentino, Louis Vutton, Fendi, Hermes, Prada and Jimmy Choo.













Although the Spanish Steps may have been a little anti-climatic for me, I really enjoyed this particular area of Rome. It was beautifully lit and was also the perfect summer night to be out enjoying it.

Another video to give you an idea: