Friday, October 24, 2008

Fontana di Trevi

There are many fountains in Rome, but none of them are as impressive as Trevi Fountain....the city's largest fountain. It's truly remarkable.










































When I was little, every time we'd go somewhere that had a fountain, I would beg my parents for some spare change to throw in the water just so I could make a wish. When you're at one of the biggest fountain's in the world, you can't help but feel the inner child tugging at you to do it again. At Trevi Fountain, it's a tradition to go to its edge, turn around and throw a coin over your shoulder for good luck. So I went and did that...and made a wish too.
It seemed like everyone else decided to go to the fountain that day as well. I took a short video to give you an idea of the hordes of people: