Friday, October 31, 2008

Giselle

The highlight of my trip to Rome ended up being our last night. After all of us dressed up and had a great dinner, we went to an Italian ballet called "Giselle". This ballet was held outside among these old roman ruins.




It was the perfect, warm summer night.
The moon was out in its fullness, the stars were making an appearance and there wasn't a cloud in sight.











When you go to another country that you've never been to before, you always hope for something extraordinary to happen...to have at least one of those great memories that will stay with you for the rest of your life. The kind where you can say, "When I went to _____, I got to see________."
I love going on vacation and have something out of the norm happen...outside of all the sightseeing, museums, historic landmarks, shopping, wonderful food and touristy things.
I have been to several ballet productions before, but never like this.


After receiving our programs, we headed to the bar that was setup. One of the featured items they had were Ritz crackers! It made me laugh! I really wasn't expecting that.




Once we got something to drink, we found our seats and took in the set design along with the sounds of the orchestra warming up.









You could feel the anticipation.



My lil' sis and I.....happy to be there!











There was no photography allowed during the performance...but you know me. I snuck a couple pictures as well as a video:







It was a magical night...and such a great moment to end on.