Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pasta, Nuns and Gelato


Our hostel had planned a pasta and wine night so people could mingle and meet other travelers from all over the world.
Unfortunately, the pasta and wine were horrible!










As we were trying to eat the un-tasty food, I heard faint singing and looked over. There was a group of nuns sitting on a rooftop singing together. One of them was playing the guitar. I totally wasn't expecting that! You can see them at the center of this picture.


Our unappetizing pasta dinner left us craving for something more...something truly Italian: gelato. There was a place just a little ways down from our hostel that we decided to check out.















Mmmmm...gelato.
I had chocolate, amaretto, tiramisu and rasberry flavors. It was delicious and a fantastic thing to have on a warm summer night!



We sat outside across the street from the Santa Maria Church square and watched the people pass by as the night came.















The architecture in Rome is beautifully lit at night. I love that about Europe in general.






I took a couple pictures with the sepia setting on my camera.