Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Motorcycle Tour - Day 4 - Sail Away


The next morning, I woke up late to another beautiful day. Lake Geneva was gorgeous in the morning light. After a pretty laid back morning, we packed up all our stuff and headed to one of the little harbors. Our hosts from the evening before were kind enough to invite us to go sailing at noon.



This picture was taken just as we were getting ready to sail away.
Yes, my legs are really that white.

























The view from the water.








Putting the sail up.

One thing I was unprepared for was that I got a little motion sickness. Once the lake settled though and the waves weren't so choppy, I was able to enjoy it a lot more.







I told our "captain" that he looks like Sean Connery. What do you think? Apparently, he's been told this before.
He was kind enough to bring a picnic lunch along. We had some tomatoes, bread, cheese, salami, nuts and wine. It was a great sailor's snack. :)







On the other side of Lake Geneva is the country of France. Here's a nice view of France.
We were out on the water for a couple hours. Most of the time, I sat in the shade of the sail.
However, when we docked the boat....
"You're burnin' up, Wellard."
I actually felt fine, but started slathering lotion all over anyways. As time went on, slowly I started to feel the burn. It turned out I wasn't the only one.
After thanking our host and saying goodbye, we loaded everything up on our bikes and changed into our biker leathers.
Here's a tip about wearing black leather from head to toe: Never wear it when you just got sunburnt....unless your a masochist and you enjoy pain.
We had about a 2.5 hour ride ahead of us and it felt very loooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg. Around dinner time, we stopped to have some pizza in one of the lakeside towns. When you're wearing a biker outfit, it garners a certain amount of attention from people and they stop to look at you. Normally, you feel pretty bad ass, but I was grimacing with every move my sunburnt arms and legs made. It was nice to take a break from the bike, though. The pizza was a welcomed distraction.
The evening became cooler and it was somewhat of a consolation.
I was able to distract myself long enough to take a couple of videos:




We reached home around 11pm and I spent the next day in bed recovering from my sunburn. I burnt my arms, shoulders and back pretty bad, so I couldn't really lay on my back....I burnt my thighs really bad, so I couldn't really lay on my stomach. It would've been funnier if it wasn't me! Sailing was still worth it, though.
Overall, the trip was fantastic and I had fun being a bad ass biker chick for 4 days.