Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Motorcycle Tour - The Beginning

Anytime you take a trip for a couple of days and you're traveling by motorcycle, packing for it will be an interesting feat; simply because you don't have a trunk to put anything in...just a backpack and a tankpack to share between 2 people and another great way to bond. :)




The first day of the motorcycle trip was relatively low key. We rode out to a town near Zurich so we could meet up with our other traveling companion, Martin.




Martin and his family live here. This house is amazing! We were warmly welcomed and had a great meal.




















Later in the evening, we rode into Wadenswil to see a local film that was being shown outdoors at Rosenmatt park. I was totally kicking myself because I forgot to bring my camera. You can get an idea of what it looked like, if you visit their website : http://www.rosenmattpark.ch/ The film, "Heimatklange" (english translation "Echoes of Home") was about the history and current state of Yodeling in Switzerland today. Did you know that back in they day, there were yodeling gangs? They'd yodel at one another and beat eachother up. Most of the time, I find yodeling to be amusing and somewhat goofy. I never thought I'd ever find it beautiful. There were moments in the film where I was really moved by it. I know...it's strange. It's just one of those things you'd have to see for yourself.

Next to the outdoor screen was a restaurant in a tented area. It had some really great ambience and once again, I wish I had my camera so I could show you. After hanging out, having something warm to drink and talking, it was well after 1am and we rode our motorcycles back to the house.