Wednesday, June 25, 2008

O Canadaaaaaaaaa!


Yes....it's true. It's not always snow and igloos up in Canada as you can see.
I went up to Canada to do a couple gigs in Fort St. John, B.C. I had an awesome time up there and was able to do a little R & R as well.








I stayed at a farm....










....made some new friends.










I played at the Lido Theatre. This was very cool to see:










I have to admit, It is a little odd to see a theatre- sized poster of yourself hanging up.
I used to live in this town and would go see movies at this theatre when I was 16.... before it was converted into a performance hall. Now here we are 11 years later and all of a sudden there's a poster of myself instead of a movie poster.
Crazy.













I love this picture. This was taken from my view as I was getting ready to do a soundcheck.
It was a really great gig and a very special crowd.













So, I went to use the bathroom there and realized that the top of the walls are all lined with sketches of movie stars. Imagine for a moment how odd it is be doing your business and having it feel like you're being watched.













The view as I headed back to Portland.