Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Paris - 2nd time around

I was finally able to get the rest of the pictures from my 2nd visit to Paris....just before I flew back to Portland. I can hardly believe that it's been 2 months since I've been back. I've loved looking at these pictures again. It was hard to pick which ones to use, but here they are:




On the way there....


















The weather cleared by the time we reached Paris. It was a gorgeous day but it was really cold out.















After a bit of a walk, the Eiffel Tower finally came into view. This time, my camera batteries were working. It was a bit surreal to see this.
















This is my "I was here" picture.



















The architecture is pretty amazing and c'est magnifique. Over the years, I've heard people say how ugly the Eiffel Tower has become, but I didn't feel the same way.












A lot of people from all over the world have left their mark on the railings. I could've spent a long time just reading the graffiti.














We took the stairs halfway up the tower. This is at the halfway point. Naturally, I had to wear my very cliche beret. I was in Paris at the Eiffel Tower for crying out loud! I'm really glad I had a hat to cover my head. The higher you went up, the colder it got.

















This is somewhat of a panoramic view from the halfway point. You just have to imagine these three pics pieced together













































I really love this pic.













I'll post more in a bit....