Friday, January 9, 2009

A Swiss Holiday


The day following the Christmas festivities, several of us decided to go ice skating at an outdoor ice rink. It was the perfect weather to do so. We played a couple games of frozen tag and crack the whip and shot around a hockey puck I had bought in Canada several years ago. It was a blast!














































Trying to ice skate, hold someone's hand and take a short video all at once is a bit of a challenge:



After that, I went horse riding with Bryan's cousin, Evelyn. Generally, I feel pretty relaxed around horses, but my horse didn't seem to like me much and its ears seemed to be permanently bent back most of the time.


Luckily, no accidents occurred and I enjoyed galloping through the swiss countryside. But when the sun went down it got REALLY cold.
It was nice to go inside, curl up with a blanket and drink some tea.