Friday, January 9, 2009

A Swiss Christmas


Several of you have asked me how my first Swiss Christmas was. It was great! I spent it with Bryan and some of his extended family near Zurich. There was a lot of laughter and warmth and they were great company. The food was fantastic as well and I had the best lamb I've ever had in my entire life! I've never seen a christmas tree lit with candles before, so I took this pic.






Before we opened gifts, we sat around the table singing Christmas carols...some in English and some in German. I took a short video:


I was fortunate enough to be able to speak with my family via skype on their Christmas Eve. Since my sister had a webcam, I was able to see all of them and watch them open the gifts I sent. Because of that, I think it helped reduce my feelings of homesickness quite tremendously.