Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Night in Basel


Last Friday, I had a wonderful night in Basel. I went to the most unusual CD release party. My friend, Flavian Graber, had his cd release on one of the little river boats that crosses the Rhine River. The boat seats about 20 people at a time. He and a couple other musicians played acoustically as the boat slowly drifted across the river. With candles lit and Basel's night lights as the backdrop, it truly was a gorgeous setting and such a compliment to the music.
It had been a while since I had taken the time to walk around Basel at night and I forgot how beautiful it is! Beforehand, we took a stroll along the river. Of course, I took several pictures.





























I love this picture! It feels like something out of painting.












This was the view from the boat. You can see just how beautiful it was.
All the videos I tried to take didn't turn out very well and aren't worth posting. Be sure to check out the link of Flavian's music here.



After riding the river boat and soaking up the music, Bryan and I continued to walk along the Rhine.
As we climbed the stairs to the bridge, we randomly stumble upon a protest that was just beginning!




The protest was about ending racism and prejudice agains the Turkish people.









I took a short video and this one actually turned out: