Sunday, March 8, 2009

Don't Forget The Garment Bag!

I can hardly believe it's March already! Sorry for my lack of blog posts. All this international wedding planning has been crazily consuming.
So much so, that I've started to have dreams about it.
I had this one dream that I arrived to the church holding my wedding dress on a hanger. I noticed that there were many people in the sanctuary already and I was so excited because there were people there that I hadn't talked to for so long. With my dress in tow, I went inside and started chatting with everyone. As I was walking around, the bottom of my dress slowly started to unravel. Not noticing, I kept on walking around talking to people and dragging the dress along on its hanger. All of a sudden, the wedding music was cued and I noticed the bridesmaids were starting to come down the aisle. Frantically, I quickly changed and put on my wedding dress...only to realize that the entire bottom of it had unraveled and it was now a miniskirt! I was so embarrassed. When I woke up, the first thing I said to myself was "Don't forget a garment bag for your wedding dress!"

The most recent wedding dream I had was a bit of a nightmare. I went to go pick up my wedding dress from the place I ordered it from. I picked up the box and left without checking to see if it was correct. When I got back to my place, I opened it up and realized that they had given me the wrong box and it was a flower girl dress and a bridesmaid dress. I went back to the store and they apologized profusely and then gave me the right box with my name on it. Unfortunately, when I opened the box, I realized that they had ordered the wrong dress. Instead of my beautiful wedding dress, I now had a shiny sequined bronze dress with a silk flower wrap. It was the most hideous looking thing! I collapsed in a heap and started crying because the wedding was in 3 days and I didn't know what I was going to do. I woke up from my nightmare whimpering like a puppy and feeling completely stressed out! It had all felt so real.


I think I keep dreaming about my dress because I've ordered it in Portland but won't be able to see it/try it on until I get there next month...3 weeks before the church ceremony. So sometimes if I think about it too much, I get a little worried that something will be wrong with it. Thank goodness I only have to wait a couple more weeks before I'm back in Portland!