Sunday, March 16, 2008

Hawkey Time

Tonight, I went and saw the very last Portland Winterhawks hockey game of the season also the last game I see before I leave.




I always wear my hockey jersey to a hockey game....even though it's a Vancouver Canucks jersey instead of the local team. Wearing the jersey makes me feel more apart of the game somehow.














In honor of the forthcoming St. Patrick's Day, the ice had a green tinge to it.








Gametime -- the faceoff kickstarts the game.








There are a number of different noise makers at hockey games, but these plastic clappers seem to be the most popular. There was this guy in front of us who was going crazy with his and I was highly entertained:



Usually when the zamboni machine is going over the ice, there's this blimp that comes out with an assortment of coupons attached to it. It will release a couple coupons over the section that makes the most noise. Case and point:



I hate the blimp (if you want to know why, ask me).


The first 2 periods of the game were pretty lame and I was ready to sink into my disappointment and give up on the Winterhawks.....but then came the 3rd period! There were 3 great fights. This one was the best one by far:



Good times.


The game ended up tied 2-2 and went into sudden death overtime. Even after that, we were still tied. So then there was a shootout and the Winterhawks won! Here's the incredible winning shot:





It was a fantastic game and a great way to close the season!

I love hockey!