Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back Up


I played a gig at the Pine Stree Bistro this last Friday (Mar. 14th) with my dear friend Tracy Klaas. There was a real piano there that I got to play and it was awesome! I played a couple songs with Tracy and also did a couple on my own. One of the songs I performed was a song I wrote called "Things I Can't Say to Your Face". The title always gives people a bit of a chuckle. After I finished playing, one of Tracy's friends came up to me.

"That Things I Can't Say to Your Face song is great!" He said.

"Thanks!" I replied.

"You know what you should do, though? You really should get some back up singers to sing that song with you. And when you get to that part where you sing, 'These are things I can't say to your face', you should have them sing right after that: "Eat sh*t and die!"

Needless to say, I totally wasn't expecting that and burst out laughing in disbelief.
His wife interrupted him by saying, "Leave her alone! She doesn't write songs like you do!"

He looked back at me and said, "I'm serious! You should totally get back up singers for that song and have them sing that melody line."

I just laughed, shook my head and then said, "I'll take it into consideration.......but I don't think so."

There weren't a whole lot of people at the Pine Street Bistro that night, but there were sure a lot of great laughs, friends and good music.

Good times.

:)