Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SMS Dating

The other day, I decided to browse through a swiss newspaper to see how many german words I could recognize. Flipping through the pages, I came across the classifieds section. There was one particular page that you couldn't help but notice with the big splashy headline: SMS Dating!
"Meet and get to know someone!" was one of the slogan statements.
I guffawed. Yes...I did.
Dating via text message? What will they think of next?
I took a quick glance at some of the text message names listed:

BoneThug
FreeLove
BlueBull

Seriously? Yes, seriously.
Don't those names absolutely compel you to drop everything you're doing just to send off a quick text message so you can seize the opportunity to "get to know" someone? I couldn't help but wonder how much those people paid to actually get their text name onto that page.
It's an odd world sometimes.