Saturday, May 31, 2008

Ms. Wellard

Last week, I had the pleasure in participating in a kid's music program at a school out in Milwaukie, Oregon. I haven't been at an elementary school forever! I had forgotten all the reasons why it was so great to be a kid once upon a time. It reminded me of things long forgotten when I was in elementary school and that I too used to suffer from A.D.D. I haven't been around that many kids in a long time. You couldn't help but smile.
I played the piano for their end of the year music program. I had to sneak a couple pics during rehearsal. Couldn't help myself. I had a blast!































I was introduced to the kids as Ms. Wellard and that what they called me the entire time. It made me feel really old!
A while ago, I heard this saying: The hardest part of getting old, is knowing that you were young once.

This is very true.